Sharing Your Medical Record
For some time, to help with your care, some NHS health and social care organisations have been able to view your medical information (your 'GP shared record') if you have consented to share it. Patients can:
- CONSENT TO SHARE THEIR RECORD
- DISSENT TO SHARE THEIR RECORD
Please note: We may have already set an option for your record to be shared or not shared. This might have been because of your stated preferences when you registered at the practice or when we referred you to another service such as the Integrated Care Team at Harrogate Hospital. If it is shared, it will only be shared with trusted local and national services, for example Harrogate Hospital Services and all A&E services. However, you can change these settings using our online services or by contacting the practice.
If you choose to share your record you can now select how widely you want to share from the following option settings (3 is the default):
- NO ORGANISATIONS REQUIRE VERIFICATION – use this if you are happy for all organisations who provide you with care to view the shared record, without having to complete the extra verification process (detailed below). These organisations should still ask consent when they want to access your record and inform you prior to accessing it
- ALL ORGANISATIONS REQUIRE VERIFICATION – use this if you wish to have an extra verification process to allow organisations who provide you with care to access your shared record (detailed below).
- PRACTICE DEFAULT – this will use the controls currently set by East Parade. We have created a list of trusted organisations locally and nationally who will not require verification. Click Here for a Full List. All other organisations will require verification.
- CUSTOM – you can choose:
- Which health and social care organisations may access your shared record without an extra verification process by creating your own list of organisations. Consent should still be asked prior to your shared record being accessed at those organisations. Organisations not on this list will need you to complete an extra verification step in order to view your shared record.
- Which organisations cannot access your shared record under any circumstances. If you would like to add or remove any organisations please speak to your GP
Verification Process: When verification is required:
- You will receive a unique code sent to you by SMS or email that you pass to the doctor or nurse to enable them to see your record; or
- You approve the organisation’s request through SystmOnline
For this reason we need to always have your up to date mobile number and email address. These and your preferences can easily be updated using SystmOnline or the SystmOne App. For more details and to register for our online services please contact the Reception Team.