East Parade Surgery is still open!
But you may receive most care by telephone or video.
Our telephone lines are open
8am - 6pm, Monday - Friday
They are closed mid-morning & mid-afternoon for staff to receive updates on the coronavirus situation and any required changes to our systems.
We are aware the phone lines may be very busy at times. On these occasions we recommend contacting us by using e-consult.
E-consult allows you to request appointments, seek information about health symptoms, conditions or treatment, request Fit Notes or ask us for help on any other issue.
You can also access services using the NHS app or SystmOnline.
Please make sure you do not come to the surgery unless invited to do so.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 please stay at home and follow the latest advice on the NHS website.
Please do not email the surgery if you have a query regarding a medical matter (unless requested to do so by a GP) as we cannot guarantee that emails are responded to promptly.
If you have an eye problem, click here for more information before contacting the surgery.
Booked nurse appointments in the practice remain available for:
- Wounds, Staple and suture removals
- Leg Ulcers
- Baby & child routine immunisations
- Other immunisations: Whooping cough in pregnancy; Pneumovax, Zostavax & MMR catch up in adults. (This follows Government advice to ensure that both children and adults continue to be vaccinated for prevalent and high risk diseases.)
- Essential Injections: Antipsychotics, Aranesp, Zoladex, Prostap, Denosumab, Depo provera
- Cervical smears for those on one year follow-up due to previous abnormalities
Telephone nurse appointments are available for contraceptive pill reviews.
Annual reviews are currently paused, the highest risk patients will be assessed, and will be contacted by the surgery if able.
Joint injections are currently not being offered.
Our walk-in Phlebotomy clinic is currently closed. Appointments are available for ESSENTIAL blood testing only and these are on a booked basis within Mowbray Square Medical Centre.