East Parade Surgery is now offering face to face and telephone appointments which can be booked online or by calling our Reception Team on 01423 566574.
The Clinicians are also able to undertake video consultations where appropriate.
The practice has followed national guidance throughout the Coronavirus pandemic and have been seeing patients face to face, including suspected Covid patients in our dedicated Red Zone in the Medical Centre.
Contact an East Parade GP or Healthcare Professional using our eConsult service. If you need medical advice, please submit an eConsult for routine and non-emergency medical advice, as well as administrative queries.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND URGENT REQUESTS VIA eCONSULT
Our telephone lines are open 8am - 6pm, Monday - Friday
We are aware the phone lines are currently very busy. If possible we recommend contacting us by using eConsult instead of calling the practice. eConsult allows you to request appointments, seek information about health symptoms, conditions or treatment, request Fit Notes or ask us for help on any other issue.
You can also access services using the NHS app or SystmOnline.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 please stay at home and follow the latest advice on the NHS website.
Please do not email the surgery if you have a query regarding a medical matter (unless requested to do so by a GP) as we cannot guarantee that emails are responded to promptly.
Booked nurse appointments in the practice remain available for:
- Wounds, Staple and suture removals
- Leg Ulcers
- Baby & child routine immunisations
- Other immunisations: Whooping cough in pregnancy; Pneumovax, Zostavax & MMR catch up in adults. (This follows Government advice to ensure that both children and adults continue to be vaccinated for prevalent and high risk diseases.)
- Essential Injections: Antipsychotics, Aranesp, Zoladex, Prostap, Denosumab, Depo provera
- Cervical smears for those on one year follow-up due to previous abnormalities
Telephone nurse appointments are available for contraceptive pill reviews.
Annual reviews are currently being carried out with the Nursing Team in face to face appointments, over the telephone or via video, depending on your preference. When your review is due we will send you an invitation via letter or text message to book an appointment.
Instead of our usual walk-in service, we are currently running our phlebotomy clinics by appointments only. If you have been invited in for a blood test please call the surgery to book.
Cryotherapy / Wart Removal Clinic
Unfortuantely this remains suspended due to concerns about patient numbers and the inability to keep the waiting room safe. If you have concerns about a skin lesion please submit an eConsult to the Pratice along with a photograph of the area) or make an appointment to see one of our GPs or Paramedic-Trained Advanced Clinical Practitioner.
Important Information about our Appointments
- We need 24 hours notice if you are unable to come to your appointment
- If we have your mobile number we will send you a text to remind you that you have an appointment the following day
- For tips on how to make the most of your appointments click here.
- The time allowed for routine GP appointments at East Parade Surgery is 10 minutes. Doctors may allow late arriving patients to be seen but the appointment will need to be shortened. Patients arriving more than ten minutes will not usually be seen and will be asked to rebook their appointment.
The Practice is committed to providing a safe comfortable environment where patients and staff can be confident that best practice is being followed at all times and the safety of everyone is of paramount importance.
For more information on our chaperone policy click here (PDF, 159KB).
Named Accountable GPs
From June 2015 all patients registered with the practice will have been given a named accountable GP. This is a contractual requirement but patients are entitled to choose to see any GP or nurse in the practice