We always try to provide the best service possible but there may be times when you feel this has not happened. If you have any complaint about the service that you have received from the Doctors or staff working for this practice, then you are entitled to ask for an explanation.


We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible as this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

You can complain by:

  • Complaint formclick here to download our complaint form or ask for one at reception.
  • Letter: You don’t have to use our complaint form if you prefer to set out your complaint in your own way. We can help you to write down your complaint if you feel you need help to do so. Your complaint should be addressed to the Practice Manager who will ensure that it is investigated thoroughly as soon as possible.
  • Verbally: Please ask to speak to the Practice Manager who will be happy to take your feedback face to face or over the phone.

We aim to report back to you within two weeks although, in some cases, more time may be required. 

This procedure does not affect your right to make a formal complaint to the Health Service Ombudsmen if you wish. Nor does it affect your right to seek compensation in law.


We shall acknowledge your complaint and look in to it as soon as we can. We shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Make it possible for you to meet and discuss your complaint with those concerned, if you would like this. You may bring a friend or relative with you to help with this discussion.
  • Make sure you receive an apology and explanation where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can to make sure the problem does not happen again.


We ensure strict adherence to the rule of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we will need to have their written permission for you to do so. Neither can we provide confidential information without the appropriate authority to do so


If you wish to take a complaint further you can get help with your complaint from The Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) team who can guide and support you though the NHS complaints process.  Support is free and provided locally by:

Cloverleaf Advocacy: North Yorkshire NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

Address: Tower Court, Oakdale Road, Clifton Moor, York YO20 4XL
Phone: 0300 012 4212

If you feel that you are not satisfied with the response you have received, you also have the right to take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is independent of government and the NHS and the service is confidential and free.

If you have any questions about whether the Ombudsman will be able to help you, or about how to make a complaint, you can contact their helpline on 0345 015 4033, email or fax 0300 015 4000. Further information about the Ombudsman is available at The Ombudsman can be contacted at:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Find a support worker role near you today
Local Services, Let